Monday, June 9, 2014

Harvest Monday - Kind Of...

My Harvest Monday is less of an actual harvest and more of a "look how well things are growing" post. It's been a long, cold and slow spring here in Massachusetts and it has definitely delayed things for me unfortunately.

My (main) garden this year is at my father's house, but I had to do some serious work before planting could happen. As such, the cold exacted an ever greater toll on my planting schedule than it normally would. Additionally, one of the dogs got a bit curious of my seedlings and I lost all but 12 tomato plants. I actually had to go buy pepper and eggplant seedlings for the first time ever!

This has definitely been an interesting spring, but I think we're finally on the right path now as you can see below!

Peas are going crazy, but not flowering yet...

Beans in the front, followed by Peppers and Eggplant

The first pea flower! This is on one of my "Sugar Snap" plants.

Flowers on the Bell Peppers

Cucumber Seedling
Spacemaster Cucumber sprouting :)

First tomato flower of the year!
First flower on the tomatoes! 
This is on the Black Krim variety - a new one for me this year.


2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! Sorry to hear about your seedlings! It looks like you are right back on track though. Happy gardening!
    I can't wait to see more.

    --ali (http://groceriesgardenanddinner.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I'm glad you liked the pics :) I'm hoping to put my photography skills to good use in the garden this summer.

      Delete