Saturday, January 29, 2011

SEEDS!


Above is my seed order from Pinetree Seed Co in Maine. I just love all the pretty envelopes! This order arrived pretty quickly. I placed my order on 1/24/11, it was shipped on 1/27/11 and I received it today (1/29/11). Not too shabby! 2 of my 24 items are on backorder (Black Eye Pea and Southport Red Globe Onion), but they should be arriving in the next couple of weeks. I will be starting my onions in the next few days. I'm not really expecting much as it is my first time growing them, but I am looking forward to the learning experience of it all.



These are the seeds I got from Dempsey Seed through their eBay account. I had ordered Tam Jalapeno seeds because the girlfriend and I really love to make poppers, but I just can't take the heat of most jalapenos. I heard about these from a friend and figured I'd give them a try. As a bonus they sent me Hungarian Yellow Wax Peppers that I had not heard of previously, but I'm pretty excited to give them a try. It looks like trying to find room for all of my peppers and tomatoes is going to be a little tough this year, but I'm sure I'll figure it out. I may end up containing some plants to pots on my front porch.

3 comments:

  1. I placed a nice size order with Pinetree this year. Their prices are very good and as you stated, they arrive rather quickly. This is my first year ordering from them. I hope that the seeds are as good as their prices and speedy delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so too! I've never ordered from them previously, but I know a few people who have and they had nothing but good things to say. So here's to hoping for both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for this spring! You are going to have such a healthy abundant garden this year...I can feel it. Last year was definately a much needed dry run (quite literally). I think you learned a lot about yourself as a gardener as well as the biology and psychology of plants (and yes...I do think there is a psychology to it). I think you and I should should spend some time picnicking as well as playing music in the gardens this year, and give the plants some socialization. It definately will do them and us some good.

    Proud of you :]

    ReplyDelete