Thursday, March 10, 2011

Seeding and Seedlings

Welcome, and thanks for following my blog DeanO and Cassandra!

Well, I finally got around to seeding my spring veggies. (Most of them anyways...) I planted 12 cells of Little Gem Lettuce, 12 cells of Fordhook Swiss Chard, 6 cells of Organic Broccoli Decccio and 6 cells of Broccoli Waltham 29. I still need to start my cauliflower and spinach and get going on the summer veggies. I have to pick up a few more seed starting trays from my mothers house this weekend and then everything will be set!




My Walla Walla onions seedlings are doing well! I separated them out of the little bunches that popped up here and there. The only frustrating thing is waiting for my Red Burgandy onions to start coming up... Especially since they got sent late as a replacement for my backordered Southport Red Globe onions. We'll see how they do with the shortened season.
Before separation, this is the seedlings.


Now they have room to grow and even got a haircut!


My Orange Sun bell pepper plant from last year is showing new life.


And I know spring is on its way when my chives start coming back... Can't wait for warmer weather!

2 comments:

  1. It looks like your seed starting is well under way!! I always start my cauliflower a little later then the broccoli and cabbage. I have read that the seedlings shouldn't be too old when you put them in the ground.

    Your onions are looking good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard the same and have decided to start my cauliflower with my summer veggies. They actually all got seeded yesterday and a post will be up soon!

    ReplyDelete